Let us reminisce while I remember the brass ornaments that used to fill my nan's house in the 80's, the decorated horse shoes on the wall which you still find in some pubs today, bells of various sizes, candle stick and ornamental frog under the umbrella. I have seen and lived with them all, so when I have noticed the increase in brassware in the commercial market, I automatically rejected the thought of this comeback and said No! However after a few a coffees and come to acceptance to embrace the shiny golden metal and use this in a stylish and useful manor. So yes! Brass Is Back and this homeware trend it is expected to go big and have a significant impact for 2020. Polished gold, chrome and rose gold is out. and the new metal is aged vintage and brass and of course antique brass. Let's appreciate and be creative with this Interior trend with traditional and unconventional pieces not just from The Urban Vintage Affair but some of of favourite discoveries too.
1. Small Vintage Letter N Shop Sign / Vinterior
2. Small Vintage Letter U Shop Sign / Vinterior
3. Earl Bailey - Vintage Brass Samovar
4. The Pimp Dylan - Antique Escutcheon
5. The Pimp Courtney - Decorative Salvage Plaques
6. Vintage Brass Duck Bookends
7. Crane Foot Brass Bowl / Artisanti
8. The Pimp Evan - Antique Keyhole Cover
9. The Director Sandra - Trench Art Brass Vessel
10. Vintage Salt & Peper Shaker Set / Etsy
11. The Pimp Madison - Pair of Vintage Escutcheons
12. Box Office Brass Wall Clock / Habitat
13. 1960's Brass Trolly Bar / Vinterior
14. The Pimp Morgan - Antique Escutcheon
This post contains a few affiliate links. As a result of any purchases you make I may receive a percentage of the retail value, at no expense to you. Thank you for supporting my business by making any purchases through my links. Mainly I hope this post has helped you re discover that brass is truly back in our lives.
Save this blog for creative inspiration all year round. Pin the image below to read later and share with other creatives.
For more insightful creative features into interiors, antiques and lifestyle, please do join our mail list for The Urban Vintage Affair. You will also immediately receive 10% code for your first web order Click To Join