Live In Velvet #TrendBlog
From the catwalk to the bedroom, velvet is back and it's more tactile and stylish than it's ever been.
According to many Interior designers, this year is going to be the year of velvet. This is said to be the fabric of choice for re-upholstering crafted antiques, mid century seating and statement soft furnishings. 2018 is about texture and velvet is top of the list in this sector. Velvet is the material that always brings a touch of luxury, opulence and a soft charm to any classic, modern or cool rustic interior.
- Avoid double velvet cushions and chairs
- Plush soft cotton mix or silk mix piles
- Bold solid colours with abstract contemporary art prints
- Opt for lots of cushions, two tones or textures
- Covered Button Chesterfield style sofas
- Modern / mid century style arm chairs
- Finishing touches of belly button effect, covered buttons, pleating, pick stitch and ruching
Share with us your 'Live In Velvet' ideas and send to our Pinterest board Here
For more insightful features into interiors, antiques and lifestyle, please do join our mail list and you will immediately receive 10% code for your first web order. Click To Join
Pin the image below to read later and share with other creatives.