THE REAL PACKAGING RULES
When it comes to packaging, I read a lot of posts from brands and suppliers, on how they are using recyclable materials in their packaging and banging on about how it's best for the environment. Of course it is good to use recycled or bio degradable materials in our packaging , as long as it's manufactured in a sustainable way. As i'm sure, some of you are aware some recycling and making procedures can use excess energy contributing to more waste. So surly we are missing a point here.
• Nice attractive packaging - make it desirable so it will seem a shame to throw it away.
• Large sheets instead of small scrappy pieces - We use more than enough to protect your antiques, as this is the most important consideration. Small scrappy or torn packaging is more likely go straight into a bin, so we keep them big.
• Minimal branding - so you can use reverse side and reuse as gift wrapping or art projects.
• Strong good quality packaging - for longevity life
• Avoid plastic tape - Stop tearing when opening up and we don't like plastic waste either. Our paper tape is easier to remove from paper and still secures packages
• Use Ribbon instead of sticky tape - we can use natural string, however i find that string give the consumers "permission" to throw it away after unwrapping
• And just incase all the above was too subtle, we will actually ask you to reuse all the packaging.
I have sourced each piece of packing for the brand. All direct from suppliers who practice social compliance and sustainable manufacturing. I don't order from etail marketplaces or purchase from cheep high-street stores. All materials are tested and suitable to sit against any of our delicate antiques including acid free and colourfast materials.
Hope this post has been helpful, feel free to SHARE to spread the message and remember let's keep packaging above ground for as long as possible.
Pin the image below to read later and share with other creatives and business owners
For more insightful creative features into interiors, antiques and lifestyle, please do join our mail list for The Urban Vintage Affair. You will also immediately receive 10% code for your first web order Click To Join
BTW don’t forget to follow the hashtag #TUVAfacts