- Leatrice Eiseman / Executive Director of the Pantone Colour Institute.
2020 is a celebration of the colour of the year Classic Blue. Pantone Colour of the Year was announced as PANTONE 19-4052 Classic Blue. This colour represents a dependable and stable foundation to move forward to a new era. It brings calmness, confidence and connection. Think traditional, soothing and strong.
The Urban Vintage Affair has always embraced this classic shade through our popular collection 'The Stripper' comprising of quality vintage and antiques glass. We appreciate that The history of blue glass is extensive one and our favourites consist of Lapis Blue, Cobalt Blue, Bristol Blue. So now discover and learn some awesome blueness to kick start your year. We have sourced all classic shades of blue through this selection of vintage and modern blue glass.
1. Rejuvenating Frankincense Facial Wash - Neal's Yard great for winter months and sold in a blue glass bottle that is perfect for upcycling and general reuse at home. Alternatively these bottles can be recycled along with green bottles, in your recycling street units or at your local bottle bank.
2. Reactive Glaze Glass Dinner Set - MADE.COM Love entertaining? The stunning 12-piece Nara stoneware set is dinner-party ready, in a rich shade of cobalt.
3. The Lismore Pops Aqua Toasting Flutes - Waterford These are a vibrant and stylish gift item that will add a striking jolt of colour to an evening of fun and friends.
4. The Stripper Yulia - The Urban Vintage Affair A statement table piece with the mid century classic blue bowl
5. Set Of Bristol Blue Club Shape Decanters - Vinterior Antiques set dates 1810c Impressive way to decant your spirits.
6. The Stripper Sean - The Urban Vintage Affair An iconic mid century shape bowl.
7. Pantone Mug 19-4052 - Pantone Not quite blue glass but representing the Classic Blue trend.
8. The Stripper Ida - The Urban Vintage Affair Classic Whitefriars Jug designed by Geoffrey Baxter
9. Set of tumbler glasses - Marks & Spencer Add a modern touch to your glassware with these coloured glasses. Featuring a smooth, tapered design.
10. Antique Apothecary Bottles - Vinterior Fabulous trio of highly collectable Bristol Blue Victorian chemist bottles, circa 1900
11. The Stripper Sydney - The Urban Vintage Affair Classic Whitefriars bud vase designed by Geoffrey Baxter.
12. The Stripper Willian - The Urban Vintage Affair New in this large blue vintage vase.
13. Blue Glass Martini Side Table - Audenza This stylish table is the perfect size for that martini, whether shaken or stirred, or as a base for a vase of flowers, or just on its own to admire its beauty.
14. The Stripper Anton - The Urban Vintage Affair Set of unusual tall steamed drinking glasses.
This post contains a few affiliate links. As a result of any purchases you make I may receive a percentage of the retail value, at no expense to you. Thank you for supporting my business by making any purchases through my links. Mainly I hope this post has helped you discover the true meaning behind Classic Blue our Pantone colour of the year.
Save this blog for creative inspiration all year round. Pin the image below to read later and share with other creatives.
For more insightful creative features into interiors, antiques and lifestyle, please do join our mail list for The Urban Vintage Affair. You will also immediately receive 10% code for your first web order Click To Join