Caring For Your Paper Mache
Need some tips for caring for Papier Mache Purchases ? Here are some easy tips to keep your trays looking pretty handsome.
- Keep in dry conditions away from sunlight.
- Ideally, papier mache should only be dusted and care taken to not rub off the paint.
- Never use water to clean your trays, especially black or red trays. This can cause the white cloudy areas that we sometime see on vintage trays.
- If your tray gets dirty, clean it with cotton wool dipped in soapy water.
- When dried, polish your tray with micro crystalline wax. This will protect it and give it a lustrous finish.
- After each use wipe it with a dry cloth.
- If a stain appears then you can use a hint of lemon in the water for the cloth.
- Don’t’ ever rinse or immerse your papier mache antiques in water.
Feel free to share.
For more insightful features into interiors, antiques and lifestyle, please do join our mail list and you will immediately receive 10% code for your first web order. Click To Join