James is a mid 20th Century Laboratory display cabinet
This is a lovely display cabinet by W. & J. George & Becker Ltd, which made laboratory apparatus and instruments.
W. & J. George Ltd traded at Great Charles Street, Birmingham (1928). The company was founded prior to 1897, and took over F. E. Becker & Co. in 1897 with the company retaining original name until 1950 when it was renamed W. & J. George & Becker Ltd.
James is oak-framed and glazed, and has a sliding door to the front, on which is a makers label.This style cabinet is used for laboratory scales or other laboratory equipment.
James shows some signs of usage and wear throughout out. Glass is free from cracks and the cabinet is still fully functional.
Laboratory scales available The Director Lee
Box of weights available The Director Joan
Height: 43cm Width: 45cm Depth: 29cm